This is another post of randomness and other things that just clutter up my mind.
- Did you know the World’s Smallest Man is only 27 inches tall. I do now after I saw the show about him on TLC. It is amazing what you can learn when you have the day off and are sitting at home scanning through the television channels.
- Speaking of having a day off, I had the chance to go see my son’s new apartment. He was anxious for me to see it and approve, which I do, it is really nice. But seeing the apartment with nothing but 2 air mattresses and a television sitting on an upside down laundry basket made me think that I really am getting old, I would at least need a chair. Fortunately for them, they are getting all of their new-found furniture moved in this weekend. I look forward to visiting again when I have somewhere to sit.
- While watching television tonight we saw a commercial for a new online dating site:
Now I’ve always thought of myself as being country but my wife and I both said at the same time, “I must be a city slicker, because I just don’t understand.
- Did you know that one of the most overused words on television today is “Premier”? Someone needs to look at a dictionary because I don’t think you are supposed to have more than one premier.
- Bishop Daniel Jenky, his name may not be familiar to you, but he is making headlines this week after his Liturgy given last Saturday in which he preached about the decline of our government’s values and the dangers that we all face. You can hear his entire Liturgy on his podcast by clicking here. It totals about 14 minutes, but if you skip to the 7 minute mark you will get to the portion where he starts in on our current government officials. My wife asked me tonight if I were going to write about it. I told her the only thing I could think of to add to what the Bishop was already saying was “Amen, Preach it Brother.”
- My adult sunday school class is finishing up the book of James this week. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we should study next? I would prefer to move back to the Old Testament but I need some ideas.
- Have you seen the Pebble Smart-Watch? This e-paper watch will connect to your iPhone or Android phone and looks really cool. But the really amazing thing is the kickstarter project. The developers of this watch had a goal of raising $100,000. As of right now, they have raised $4.8 million dollars and are raising an average of about a million dollars a day with 29 days left to go in the kickstarter campaign. I guess you can call this one a success.
- One final question for the day: “Big Block of Cheese” is a reference to another television show. There is extra credit for anyone outside my family that knows where it came from. It is actually a historical reference in a television show and you can find the answer here.