As I told you in my post last Friday, this past weekend my family had the opportunity to spend some time together attending the Third Day Miracle Tour. The night was filled with amazing music by Third Day, Josh Wilson, and Colton Dixon. We have attended several Third Day concerts in the past and this one lived up to all the rest and did not disappoint.
There were several things that stood out in my mind about this weekend that I wanted to share with you today.
- Josh Wilson is an amazingly talented musician that is full of love for the Lord. I have been a Josh Wilson fan since his first album was released, but I was amazed at the live performance. He was able to rock the auditorium with only an acoustic guitar, a couple of mics, and some recording pedals. This combined with his great voice and love of God made for a great show. I could have listened to him perform all night. He was even able to win over my son (the theology student) who kept remarking that Wilson’s theology was right on the mark.
- The next surprise of the evening was the performance of Colton Dixon. If you watch American Idol (which I don’t) then you will surely recognize the name of the 11th season’s seventh place finisher. But even though I had no idea who this young man was when the night started, I quickly came to realize that he is very talented. He did make me feel a little old, watching all of the young girls swoon over his performance but I did enjoy his show.
- This entire night was actually supposed to be part of my children’s Christmas presents from this past year. When I purchased the tickets I also decided that I would treat them to VIP passes to meet the artists before the show. Once again, Colton Dixon impressed each of us with his genuine appreciation for those that were there to see him perform. I am probably a little too old to ever consider myself a Colton Dixon “fan” but I know that God has great things in store for this young man.
- Of course, the highlight of the night musically was Third Day. We have seen them live several times and they never disappoint. They always put on a great show and this past Saturday night was no exception. This show was actually one of the best shows of theirs that I have seen. It was a great mix of new and old school classic Third Day and we all had a great time.
- Overall, the Third Day Miracle Tour was a great night of worshiping God through music. If you get the chance to catch the tour in a city near you then I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
But as great as the performances were, they could not compare to the opportunity of spending the entire day with my family. My wife and I are extremely blessed that our twenty-something year old children still want to spend time with us. And we are even more blessed that they enjoy spending that time with us worshiping our Lord.
Anytime that you can spend time with your children worshiping God, is a great time. I am just thankful that God has given us these opportunities. One thing that I am learning as my children grow older is that these times together are getting fewer and fewer; making them more and more precious. So I cherish each of these moments.
What memories do you have of worshiping with your children?