The most popular Bible application in the App Store is approaching a milestone and they need your help. YouVersion is trying to surpass 100 Million installs for the fifth anniversary of the App Store. The anniversary date of July 10th is fast approaching, so the fine folks over at LifeChurch.tv are asking for some help from their users.
YouVersion is a full featured Bible application for your mobile devices, including hundreds of versions (including audio) and more than 100 languages. And YouVersion is not just a Bible reader. The application contains reading plans, synchronization of notes, bookmarks, and highlights between platforms, as well as full social network integration. The application also contains several different translations that are available for offline reading for times when network coverage is not available.
The Bible App™ is a free Bible for mobile devices. Based on the online Bible, YouVersion.com, the Bible App allows users to read the Bible, share verses with their social networks, bookmark their favorite passages, and more—all in a format that keeps up with their increasingly mobile lifestyle.
YouVersion and the Bible App were created by a team at LifeChurch.tv in Edmond, Oklahoma, to help increase access and engagement with the Bible. Featuring hundreds of versions in more than 100 languages, YouVersion was created to help people with busy, on-the-go lifestyles read the Bible at any time and in any place. Since its creation, YouVersion is one of the top downloaded apps in the reference category and is the most downloaded Bible on iTunes.
So how can you help YouVersion reach this milestone? There are several ways that you can help including:
- Download the YouVersion application if you have not already done so. You can find YouVersion in the App store for your mobile device or by clicking here.
- If you teach or preach in a church be sure to mention YouVersion to your students. You may be surprised to the number that don’t know that this resource exists. I was surprised to have several of my class members ask me about the application after they saw it advertised during The Bible Series that aired earlier this year. They wanted to know if it really was free and if it was safe to use. The answer to both questions is YES. Encourage class members to take advantage of this resource. I teach from the application on a regular basis but have never stopped and told the class what I was using.
- Share YouVersion with your Facebook and Twitter friends. By sharing Scripture from the YouVersion application on your social media networks you will also help spread the word to your online friends that you use the YouVersion app.
- Share a link on your website. If you administer your church website, consider sharing a link to download YouVersion on your site.
- Take advantage of marketing materials supplied by YouVersion to share with your church. From postcards and bulletin inserts to posters, YouVersion has all of the resources available for you to share with your church the YouVersion Bible app. You can find all of the resources here.
YouVersion is a great example of how we can leverage the technology that we have available to us to help spread the Word of God. To see the impact that YouVersion is having around the world, check out their live engagement here.
Do you use YouVersion on your mobile device?